- Decide the objective: the type of novel (Genre).
- The original idea.
- Choose the theme.
- The main premise.
- The creation of characters.
- Point of view.
- Place and situation.
- The general plan: argument synthesis.
- Key scenes.
- First draft.
- Theme revision.
- Cohesion, consistency, and credibility.
- Proofreading, grammar, and spelling.
The following is a summarized explanation on the items, It shouldn’t bore you, but it will give you a clear picture of what must be covered in order to proceed to the next point.
I assure you that if you successfully accomplish each step, the end result will be a novel of acceptable quality for publication.